Synology NAS notification on finished download
In a previous post I showed you how to setup DownloadStation so it automatically downloads your favorite series. In this post I’ll show you how you can setup notifications being sent to you when a download task of DownloadStation is finished.
- Log in to your NAS and open DownloadStation.
- Open the settings of DownloadStation (right besides the search box).
- In the settings screen, go to “General“.
- Check the box “Send email notification upon task completion”.
With this we activated the notification sending in DownloadStation. Now we also have to configure whom to notify upon task completion. To do so follow these steps:
- Open the control panel.
- Under “System” click on “Notification”.
- In the “Email” tab check the box “Enable email notifications”.
- Select “Use custom email server” and choose your email provider from the service provider list.
- Enter your provider credentials and you’re ready to go!
- You can click on “Send a test email” to test your settings.
Now you’ll be notified every time new episodes of your favorite shows have been downloaded.